This Policy applies to the processing of your personal data collected by the company for the provision of its services. If you agree to the measures in this Policy, you consent to our processing of your personal data as defined in this Policy.
Joint Data Controllers: Company name - CIF (Tax Identification Code)
Kaleidos Educación, S.L. - B35917186 (Colegio Arenas Infantil)
Colegio Arenas, S.L. - B35066828 (Colegio Arenas Primary School)
Laurisilva Formación Integral, S.L. - B35801141 (Colegio Arenas Secondary and Baccalaureate).
Address: C/ Archivero Joaquín Blanco Montesdeoca, 16, 35010. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Telephone: 928 48 29 71
e-mail Delegado de Protección de Datos: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have always been committed to providing our services with the highest degree of quality, which includes treating your data securely and transparently. Our principles are:
- Lawfulness: We will only collect your Personal Data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Data minimisation: We limit the collection of Personal Data to what is strictly relevant and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Purpose limitation: We will only collect your personal data for the stated purposes and only in accordance with your wishes.
- Accuracy: We will keep your personal data accurate and up to date, as far as possible.
- Data Security: We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures proportionate to the risks to ensure that your data is not harmed, such as unauthorised disclosure or access, accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss or alteration and any other form of unlawful processing.
- Access and rectification: We have the means for you to access or rectify your data when you consider it appropriate.
- Retention: We retain your personal data in a lawful and appropriate manner and only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- International transfers: Where your data is to be transferred outside the EU/EEA it will be adequately protected. Access and transfer of personal data to third parties is carried out in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and with appropriate contractual safeguards.
- Direct Marketing and cookies: We comply with applicable advertising and cookie legislation.
The types of data that may be requested and processed are:
- Data of an identifying nature, personal characteristics, social circumstances and academic data.
Whenever we request your personal data, we will inform you clearly what personal data we collect and for what purpose. In general, we collect and process your personal data for the purpose of dealing with your enquiries via forms on our website.
COLEGIO ARENAS does not collect, through this website, data considered especially sensitive by the RGPD such as: race or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs, participation in trade unions, health, sexual activity or sexual orientation, biometric or genetic data.
It is the responsibility of each data subject that the data provided is true, accurate, complete and up to date and they alone shall be liable for any damage or harm, direct or indirect, that may be caused as a result of non-compliance with this obligation.
- Legitimate interests:
In the case of customers: We may carry out commercial and/or advertising actions or communications, by any means, including electronic or equivalent communications, related to the services of the educational centre, in accordance with Law 34/2002 (LSSI).
In the event that you are not a customer: to send information and advertising about the educational centre's own services, or related services, by any means, including electronic or equivalent communications.
To send information and publicity about products and services of other third party companies related to the educational centre, by any means, including electronic or equivalent communications.
If you do not authorise the processing of your personal data for the aforementioned purposes, this will not affect the maintenance or fulfilment of the contractual relationship that you have with the educational centre.
From the information you provide us with when you fill in a WEB form or contract our services.
The data may be communicated to third parties for the provision of various services, as Data Processors, but we will not pass on your personal data to third parties, unless we are obliged to do so by law or unless you have agreed to this with us after informing us and agreeing to it.
We share your information with:
- Service providers contracted by (Processors). For example, our hosting service, IT service providers or legal advisors. We contractually require all our service providers to use the personal data provided only for the purpose for which the contract was concluded and to return or destroy such personal data upon termination of the contract.
- Arenas Group companies.
Kaleidos Educación, S.L.
Laurisilva Formación Integral, S.L.
Colegio Arenas, S.L.
Colegio Internacional de Lanzarote, S.L.
Arenas Sports Club
Canary Islands European Musicians Foundation.
- Service providers located outside the European Economic Area (international data transfers), e.g. USA*. In these cases, it requires that such recipients comply with measures designed to protect personal data and, for this purpose, relies on EU-approved mechanisms that allow such transfers.
- By legal obligation: Tax Agency, competent Public Administration, Judges and Courts, etc.
*Commission Implementing Decision (E.U.)2016/1250 of 12 July 2016 pursuant to Directive 95/46 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the adequacy of the protection conferred by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Personal data, provided through contact forms, will be kept for a maximum period of 6 months, unless you indicate your wish to receive commercial communications, in which case they will be kept as long as you do not object. The rest of the data used for educational purposes will be kept for the legal period established by the education regulations.
You have the right to request confirmation as to whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, to access or request portability of such data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data (we will always take into account your objection to receiving advertising) and/or to request the deletion of your data.
You may request the restriction of the processing of your data in the following cases:
- Pending verification of the contested accuracy of your data.
- If the processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of your data.
- When the educational centre does not need your data, but you need them for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Where you have objected to the processing of your data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the fulfilment of a legitimate interest, while it is being verified whether the legitimate grounds for the processing outweigh yours.
In addition, you may revoke the consent you have given at any time. However, please note that we may continue to communicate with you after your revocation has been granted if this is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to perform the contract you have with us.
For the correct exercise of your rights, we request that, when making your request, you prove your identity by means of a copy of your ID card, or equivalent official document, and identify the company (or companies) to which your data are linked, if applicable. Channels at your disposal:
- E-mail: email@example.com, indicating "Data Protection" in the subject line.
If you believe that we have not processed your personal data in accordance with the regulations, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line: Data Protection Complaint.
However, you can obtain more information about your rights by contacting the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es) where you can file a complaint.